Hello to everyone again :) I've been reading this articles a lot and look what I've found!
The study was part of the ongoing Physicians’ Health Study. It followed over 18,000 men ages 40 to 84, who were free from heart disease and cancer at the time the study began. The volunteers were questioned about their alcohol intake at the study’s start. After seven years, their drinking habits were reassessed to see if changes in the men’s alcohol consumption over this time influenced their risk of heart disease.
The researchers found that men who started the study as very light drinkers (one alcoholic beverage a week or less) and gradually increased their intake to 6 drinks per week slightly reduced their risk of heart disease compared to light drinkers whose intake did not change over time. Men who were moderate drinkers (1-6 drinks per week) at the study’s beginning did not alter their heart disease risk whether or not they increased or decreased alcohol consumption. Those that consumed more than one drink a day had the same disease risk throughout the study, even if they were drinking less after seven years. Regular consumption of more than two drinks a day, though, increased the men’s risk of heart disease by 63%.
Look at thiiiis! Regular consumption of more than two drinks a day, though, increased the men’s risk of heart disease by 63%!
There have been a lot of researches over the time and they help a lot. People read them and try to change the situation. They believe it. And they should!
I am proud I'm doing this project. I feel like I am helping a lot of people even by telling them these stories :)
The study was part of the ongoing Physicians’ Health Study. It followed over 18,000 men ages 40 to 84, who were free from heart disease and cancer at the time the study began. The volunteers were questioned about their alcohol intake at the study’s start. After seven years, their drinking habits were reassessed to see if changes in the men’s alcohol consumption over this time influenced their risk of heart disease.
The researchers found that men who started the study as very light drinkers (one alcoholic beverage a week or less) and gradually increased their intake to 6 drinks per week slightly reduced their risk of heart disease compared to light drinkers whose intake did not change over time. Men who were moderate drinkers (1-6 drinks per week) at the study’s beginning did not alter their heart disease risk whether or not they increased or decreased alcohol consumption. Those that consumed more than one drink a day had the same disease risk throughout the study, even if they were drinking less after seven years. Regular consumption of more than two drinks a day, though, increased the men’s risk of heart disease by 63%.
Look at thiiiis! Regular consumption of more than two drinks a day, though, increased the men’s risk of heart disease by 63%!
There have been a lot of researches over the time and they help a lot. People read them and try to change the situation. They believe it. And they should!
I am proud I'm doing this project. I feel like I am helping a lot of people even by telling them these stories :)
Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий